Property Search

Property Alerts
Min Rent
Max Rent

Q. Are bills included in the rent?

A. It depends on the property type. Most of our pads are able to offer an All-inc which means that bills are included; however some are non-inc, where no bills are included in the rent; the bills in this case are the tenant's responsibility.

The status of the property regarding bills is clearly indicated next to the rent amount on every property listing.

With SnugPads tenancies, the rent includes gas, electricity, water rates and Broadband internet, however these are subject to fair usage and any excess will be charged to the tenants.

Q. How do I secure my ideal pad?

A. When you found your ideal pad, contact us to book an appointment to fill in the admin paperwork and tenancy agreement at our office. As a student you will need to provide details of a suitable guarantor (A guarantor is a person who guarantees the landlord to pay your rent or any damages caused to your property. A guarantor can be anyone who has a suitable income – normally parents). At this stage you will be required to pay the application fee and deposit. All deposit payments are entered into a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme in accordance with the housing law.

Q. Do you have any "student halls" type of accommodation or just one room?

A. Yes, and yes we do have some en-suite accommodation. Please enquire for availability. We have individuals’ rooms to let within shared student houses. In these you will have your own room, but will share communal facilities.

Q. Are pets allowed?

A. In some cases some pets are allowed on some pads. Unfortunately dogs and cats are not allowed with exemption of guide dogs.

Q. Are all pads furnished, can I bring my own furniture?

A. Yes, all pads come furnished including kitchen appliances. If you want to bring your own furniture please ensure it complies with up-to-date fire and safety regulations. Please make sure you arrange your own storage for SnugPads furniture and remove any personal items before you leave.

Q. Do I get Council Tax exemption?

A. A student who studies for at least 25 hours a week is exempt from Council Tax. SnugPads can apply for your exemption if you provide us with your course details and student number. If you study part time contract us for more information.

Q. Who is responsible for the TV licence?

A. If the pad has a TV then you must ensure there is a valid TV licence is in place. The responsibility on who has to pay for the licence is usually stated in the Tenancy Agreement. However if the landlord provides a television with the property then they may pay for the TV licence, particularly in any communal areas, but the overall responsibility lies with the tenant.

Relevant letting fees

For tenancies agreed and executed after 1st June 2019

As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.

Before the tenancy starts (payable to SnugPads ‘the Agent’)

Holding Deposit: up to 1 week’s rent
Deposit: up to 5 weeks’ rent

During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)

Payment of up to £50 if you want to change the tenancy agreement
Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above Bank of England base rate
Payment of £45 for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy

During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable

Utilities – gas, electricity, water
Communications – telephone and broadband
Installation of cable/satellite
Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
Television licence
Council Tax

Other permitted payments

Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.

Internal Complaints Procedure

Our aim is to provide a first class service and to do everything we can to ensure you are satisfied. If you feel that we have fallen short of this standard and you wish to complain, we ask that you first telephone the person who has had conduct of your matter and explain that you are dissatisfied with an aspect of the service you have received. If you remain unhappy with the way your complaint has been dealt with after speaking to the person with conduct of your matter then you should set out your complaint as follows:

1. If the customer believes they have a grievance, they need to e-mail within 3 months of the incident.
The email needs to include the following details:
      · The customer’s name, address and telephone number
      · Name and contact details of anyone helping the customer with the complaint
      · An outline of your complaint explaining why you feel that we have fallen short of our first class service
      · What you would like us to do to resolve it
      · Any specific details that you feel would assist us with resolving your complaint. Including, but not limited to:
            a. Names of Advisors you have spoken to in connection with the complaint
            b. Time(s) and Date(s) of the incidence(s)
            c. Telephone number(s) and or Address(es) you have used to contact us
            d. Any written correspondence in connection with your complaint
            e. Any other document in support of your complaint
2. Receipt of the email will be acknowledged within 3 working days
3. The complaint will be investigated and a written reply will be sent to the customer within 10 working days of the initial acknowledgement.
4. If SnugPads are unable to resolve the matter within the 10 working days as stated above, we will provide you with reasons why we could not meet this time frame and provide you with an estimate of when a full response will be received
5. If the customer is not satisfied with the outcome of our initial investigation, SnugPads will offer a further opportunity to have the grievance reviewed.
6. If SnugPads fails to conclude our investigations within the time frame outlined below from when the complaint was first submitted in writing, it can be referred to the Property Redress Scheme.

SnugPads is a member of the Property Redress Scheme. If the customer remains unhappy with the response received and the complaints procedure has been exhausted, the customer can contact the Property Redress Scheme to ask them to investigate the customer’s complaint. In order to take the customer’s complaint to The Property Redress Scheme the customer must first have carried out the following:
· The customer has waited 8 weeks from the date of the customer’s written complaint to SnugPads for a response; and
· It is still within 6 months from our last communication with the customer regarding this complaint
The Property Redress Scheme is a government approved Redress Scheme who resolves complaints between Members and their consumers. The complainant must have exhausted the Member's internal complaints procedure and remain dissatisfied with the Member's response. The Property Redress Scheme is free to use for the complainant and further information and guidance on how to resolve complaints is available via their website. In order to make a complaint, please contact the Property Redress Scheme directly or alternatively, visit their website and fill out a Complaints Form.

SnugPads is a member of PRS, which is a redress scheme, and also a member of CMP, which is a client money protection scheme. You can find out more details of each below.